Dear Village Resident,
It seems to have been a long time since our last update to residents about the new Community Centre but throughout the pandemic the work has been progressing and we are now at a point where we can ask the architects to seek planning permission for the project.
We have had several Zoom meetings with the architects to adapt and refine the plans displayed at our last public meeting. See the latest plans of the proposed building and a few key things that have happened since our last public meeting and display are represented below. An elevation of this drawing will be available in a few weeks and will be circulated later.
- The building has now been sited between the Sports and Social Club and the play area taking up the majority of the footprint of the existing hard tennis court area. The building has been orientated so the cafe will also have potential outdoor seating with views across to the play park.
- Total expected build cost will be approximately £1.13 million which will include changes to access points, landscaping and extra parking.
- S106 monies from the two major developments in the village will cover the cost and will be coming on stream in sections as and when the new houses are sold. This is expected to be completed by the end of 2022 with all monies released to the Parish Council, by that time, to cover the cost of the new building.
- An extra £30,000 has been added to the build costs to provide match officials (football and cricket) with changing facilities attached to, and with access to, the new Community Centre.
- Various room size options have been included to increase the variety of activities The Community Centre can cater for.
- There is still an opportunity for us to make minor changes to the internal layout of the building so if you have any ideas there is still time to send them to us for consideration.
As a group we are also pursuing ways to make The Community Centre as eco-friendly as possible and are looking for grants towards helping to achieve this goal.
We look forward to hearing your views and opinions which can be sent to: Alan.email@example.com
Can we also take this time to wish you all a Happy, Healthy and Covid-free New Year.
With best wishes